Sunday, April 4, 2010

Here Comes Peter's Cotton Tail

You know it's coming when the days get a bit longer and the daffodils shimmer in the morning dew. It's on the way when the tulips awaken from their naps in the cool earth and open their buds like brilliant stars in the sky. The redbud and cherry blossom and Bradford pear trees appear around each corner with their cloudlike blossoms and fragrant perfumes.

Easter is here! And that means...the Easter Bunny!

See what he left me this year:


He knows me so well: my complete obsession with jelly beans (yes, I'm obsessed all year round), Reese's cups and Cadbury eggs. Come on, who doesn't love a silky milk chocolate egg filled with a sinfully sweet creme center that just melts in your mouth?


And then there is the Russell Stover chocolate bunny with a gooey marshmallow center. The slight crack of the chocolate when you bite down sends chills down my spine every time.

Finally, the old fashioned candy-coated eggs. I don't have a clue what they are made of, but one bite and I'm 6 years old again, on my grandparents' farm in Missouri, racing around the front yard with my cousins to see who can fill their basket with the most eggs. The wet dew on our toes and the fresh scent of the grass in the air, those were definitely the days.

Still, every Easter, I am reminded of the many blessings I have and am thankful for this day to rejoice in new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment