Sunday, April 3, 2011

Setting Up Shop

I remember my first "adult" apartment...I was so excited to be living on my own with two other girls, setting up shop, setting up my kitchen! This momentous event (i.e., moving out of my parents' house) happened just as my food obsession was beginning, so I didn't have much to unpack in the way of utensils, glassware, small appliances. Nor did I have any of the jewels that now fill my pantry (yes, I live with only my dog and my pantry looks like I am feeding a small village).

Recently, I gave my first private cooking lesson (ahem, I use that term very loosely) to two sassy gals that are living up those glory days as roomies setting up shop as "adults."

On the menu:
  1. Citrus-roasted salmon (my go-to recipe to impress any guest, even Ina Garten)
  2. Couscous (ALWAYS in my pantry)
  3. Apple and blue cheese salad with lemon-mustard vinaigrette (classic, again)
And for dessert...black and white angel food cake. Yum.

Let the cooking begin...meet Grace and Whitney:


Grace got started on the marinade/basting sauce for the salmon.



Lather up the fish...



Meanwhile, Whitney took on the vinaigrette and salad.
 


Voila!
 


And finally...fantastic, f-enomenal, frigging-awesome dessert.
 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment