Monday, October 26, 2009

Who Doesn't Love Some Vino?

In a few short days, I will be embarking on a vacation that I have been dreaming of for the past two years...a trip to the California wine country! A business trip takes me to San Francisco on Wednesday, and how could I pass up the opportunity to stay on a few days and tour the vineyards (and dine on some of the most delicate delicacies)?

I admit I'm a bit of a red wine wench. I can't help it...the way the huge bulb of glass feels in your hand, and the warmth and ease with which the wine slinks down your throat. Zinfandel, merlot, syrah, malbec - I love them all. Oh, and the white wines are divinity on your tongue. The crisp, fruity flavors mixed with the tang and acidity as they hit your tongue. Give me some chocolate and fruit, and who needs a man?!

The trip is not only special because it's something I've been dreaming of as a foodie for years (seriously, I bought guide books two years ago!), but it's the first time my father and I will be taking a mini-vacation together. We've had special father-daughter dates over the years, but never a trip to explore a region of the country we both have a slight obsession with (although neither of us would consider ourselves an aficionado by any means). I can only imagine the trouble we will get into...

I promise to blog completely about my experience, and document every excursion fully upon my return. For now though, I must pack my bags and be off!

1 comment: