Monday, September 6, 2010

Summer Round-Up

I'm not much of a summer kind of gal. I'll admit it. I don't like to sweat. I don't like bugs. And I don't like the beach (I know, go ahead and gasp). One thing I DO like about summer is the abundance of delicious, fresh fruits and veggies and the crisp, clean tastes of the season. It's been a crazy busy summer, so I thought I'd show you a bit of what my tastebuds have enjoyed this season...

Let's begin with a nice cool, frosty pitcher of strawberry lemonade...

Then on to the enchiladas I made for family dinner with my small group girls...

Oh yeah, and we can't forget the mini-cupcakes and "two-bite" brownies!

There was a lasagna and green salad thrown in for good measure this summer...

Along with homemade bruschetta topped with sweet, succulent heirloom cherry tomatoes drizzled with olive oil and topped with crumbled goat cheese (mmmm)!

Then came the Sunday dinner of grilled salmon with roasted fingerling potatoes and broccoli sprinkled with lemon juice and parmesan. And a salad thrown in for good measure.



Can't forget the low-country boil!

And of course, everything capped off with a glass of sangria (happy happy joy joy)!

Now, welcome autumn!

1 comment: