Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ode to Mr. Rogers

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, 
A beautiful day in the neighborhood, 
Won't you be mine?
Won't you be mine?

Admit it, you're singing along...who wouldn't? A childhood classic burned in our minds. 

I feel this way about my endearing little neighborhood. We have a charming town square and are affectionately referred to as the "Jonquil City of the South." Needless to say, spring is breathtaking. There are cute little pubs and nail salons and green spaces and farmer's markets and plenty of houses of worship to go around (we are in the South, after all). 

But, my favorite place is a precious little bakery that has been calling my neighborhood home since the 1940s: McEntyre's Bakery


Now, I've lived in Smyrna for 6 years, and have driven by McEntyre's countless times wondering to myself, "I wonder if that place is any good?" The bakery is nearly across the street from my favorite boutique gift shop, Heart & Soul, where I just can't seem to stay out of trouble. (Good thing there isn't a hubby checking up on me!)

Finally, one day about a year ago, I had heard from a neighbor that she gets all her baked goods there, so I stopped in to see what it was all about. 


So. Adorable. And. Yummy. 

It has become a regular weekend stop for me (thankfully for my hips, it's not on my route to work). Not only do they have amazing cakes, cupcakes, cookies, pies, you name it...but they have a lunch special with homemade everything, a side and a drink for el cheapo. 

My selection du jour: chicken salad on a butter croissant with rockin' potato salad on the side. 


And the most mind-blowing strawberry chocolate cake truffle you've ever tasted. Ever. 


Seriously. 


I love this place. (Coincidentally, they also made the most adorable cake for me with a picture of Noah's Ark on it for my Flood Party, celebrating the survival of my aqua disaster last year.)


If you're ever in the area, this is the place to be on Saturday afternoon. Fair warning: watch out for soccer moms and dads with their teams grabbing a bite after the big game. 

13 comments:

  1. What if you are vegetarian, do you've got an optimum eating strategy, so that you can still get the nutrition you may need?

    My web site; mike chang's
    six pack shortcuts complete download

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a good level about "Late night, unflattering pictures taken by your friends"! :D HAHAHA

    Feel free to visit my site ... dating tips for guys a woman's perspective

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reside in Dallas. Although you'll find virtually twenty,000 more males in this town than girls, this determine is really a little bit misleading. There's a high quantity of
    homosexual males, and also immigrant employees, who skew the figures.
    All the locations around the listing appear to be big towns that probably have equivalent varieties
    of populations. If you're just searching to get a great spot to party then it really is fantastic. If you're looking for
    any boyfriend or spouse, you will be unhappy.

    Also visit my web page: Woman Attract

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are not the 75 pictures I would have selected.
    ..exactly where may be the legendary "Death of Superman" pic?


    Visit my web site - superman stamina video 1

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so musch for you personally suggestions.
    .I'll try by best to obtain weight rapidly...

    My homepage - how to gain muscle mass fast for hardgainers

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi am all by yourself and want a man, should you are
    fascinated you could im me on yahoo, my id is jen4rmdblock112 but you've to tell me the way you got my id first, hope to hear from you

    Feel free to visit my blog - models attract women through honesty pdf free

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for another excellent composition. I've been searching about the net for revealing articles that can help me personally!! Thanks for your time!!

    Here is my site - dental pro 7

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely concur along with your publish. I've lived right here for almost 3 years now and also you are so proper in regards to the misleading figures. Enjoyable location to complete issues and party, but boyfriend and spouse are few and far in between. My single buddies have advised me stories which have created me feel 2 times about being right here. Once my contract is up in seventeen months, I am outta here.

    Also visit my web page; attract women

    ReplyDelete
  9. You understand relating to GH a doctor inside
    the know described to me that by it self it doesn't do a lot.He described which you would need to have to operate it with testosterone.

    My website; six pack shortcuts video download

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd watch this once again just to listen to the narrator. :D Really like that accent!

    Also visit my webpage dating tips For girls in Hindi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I began to do all of the factors this website informed me to perform, and that i must say, it genuinely works!

    I used to be genuinely unwanted fat, but i lost 100 lbs thanks to
    these advices. Thank you to the dude that wrote these "fast six pack" advices.
    I genuinely do! I got my girlfriend back again, my physic is improved,
    and that i appear awsome now!

    my homepage; precision nutrition lean eating program for women

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, fantastic post just for your food. I am a
    follower of Martin's internet site but never ever followed this one particular until this collaboration. Martin's internet
    site is great but isn't going to have numerous recipes.

    My web site; precision nutrition lean eating blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. You dumbasses Superman fan boys.
    Hulk has super-speed,if we use logic,Hulk's muscles get stronger as he will get anger,so his leg muscles would make him faster.
    Therefor,unlimited speed.He can catch supes if he is mad enough.
    Now we all need to admit that they both are immortals,but not true immortals.
    Immortals are folks who can live forever except if someone kills them,but a correct immortal can live forever AND cannot be killed.
    Hulk and Tremendous guy aren't
    true immortals.
    Besides,Hulk lifted any weight
    in front of him.
    Take anything towards him and he'll win.
    The tougher and stronger the fighter,the far more chances of him receiving killed because fighting Hulk harder just makes him angry.
    And if you manage to hurt him,your chances of getting killed are as higher like a baby obtaining killed having a shotgun.

    Also visit my blog post: secrets of superman stamina revealed part 1.m4v

    ReplyDelete