Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Stuck

Do you ever go through periods where you just don't really want to cook anything? I'm there.

Stuck.

For dinner tonight, I heated up leftover rigatoni with meat sauce that has been in my freezer since last month. Frozen leftovers - a welcome convenience, don't get me wrong. After all, it enabled me to do what I really wanted to do. Sit on the couch and watch my DVR episodes of "Bethenny Ever After" and "Hart of Dixie."

Don't judge.

There is part of me that really longs to have that desire to cook right now. There is such good spring produce and delectable items that I could whip up. A Saturday morning trip to the farmer's market with these goodies in my bag:



There are tons of recipes I want to try. No shortage of those, no sir-ee. I keep telling myself I'm going to find an amazing quinoa recipe...and I pin bajillions of them on Pinterest. I do, really.


And, I'm trying desperately to renew my couponing passion.(If saving money can't motivate a girl, we have some serious concerns here.) So far, that just results in piles of paper sitting on my kitchen table for weeks until they expire and I finally give them a proper burial in the recycling bin.

I've even purchased new cookbooks to inspire myself...



But, I'm stuck.

Here's to getting unstuck...cheers.

1 comment:

  1. No judgin' here. :-)
    Take your time. Enjoy.
    and when you find that quinoa recipe, send it my way! Was just talking about the grain last night with some friends and want to try it out.

    ReplyDelete