Sunday, January 2, 2011

Phew! Ready or Not, it's a New Year!

Where the heck did 2010 go? I think I saw it whizzing by my window as I was rolling down the highway of life last week.

This holiday season has been a whirlwind for me. I've had some really fun (and delicious) adventures for work and pleasure. Here are a few...

Let's begin with the annual ornament exchange with my sweet small group girls. Did I mention that I absolutely adore ornament exchanges?


Kelley is so silly! (But, those would make some totally fabu earrings, right?!)


Laurel took home a glass red high heeled shoe in honor of the shoes she wore at her wedding just last December!


Look at that sweet Angie sitting pretty by the tree.

Next up: the first ever Ivy Glen Holiday Progressive Dinner! I love love love my neighbors and this year, we decided to extend our ever-so-often girls' nights to significant others and friends and host apps, dinner and dessert at three different houses. My contribution was none other than Barefoot Contessa's moist and rich red velvet cake coated with decadent cream cheese icing and topped off with a shimmer of red sprinkles for some extra festivity. (Sorry. I wrote this paragraph and then realized I didn't take a picture! )

A couple days later, I made the same red velvet cake, but in peppermint striped cupcake cups to serve at a homespun get-together of some of my dearest friends and neighbors. I have such a hard time with quantities (my sweet grandmother would roll over in her grave if I ran out of food!) so, as usual, there was a spread fit for an army of Santa's elves.
 
Yummy gingerbread cake with orange glaze!

The red velvet cupcakes!





You can't have a party without spinach dip in a bread bowl.

As Christmas drew near, I attended my annual cookie exchange (sorry, no pics this year, but see last year's post for a taste to water your mouth).

But, the absolute cherry on top of my holiday season was a trip to New York City that was filled with so much deliciousness it will make you want to slap your mama (although I don't recommend that).

Hooked? Check back soon for a new post.

1 comment:

  1. I want more details! Which means we must talk on the phone soon. Love you, friend, and miss you.

    ReplyDelete