Sunday, January 30, 2011

Who Doesn't Love Room Service?

Oh yeah, I'm a jet-setter. (Insert ridiculous laughing.) Well, mostly it's just travel for work, which always sounds a lot more glamorous than it really ends up being.

Tonight, I flew into our nation's capital for business this coming week, and am staying at the "luxury boutique" hotel, the St. Gregory on M street in the thick of everything here in D.C. (And, I'm having a relapse of my 20-something obsession of "I wanna live and work in this city full of youth and ambition and excitement!" Ok, that's done.)

Exhausted and already missing my own bed, I decided to order room service. Something that should be luxurious, yet was really just a quick and simple way to get some protein and veggies in me for the day.

And, the last few times I've ordered room service, I would have been better off with last week's leftovers and a pickle.

On the menu: a salmon Caesar salad and nice cold glass of Sauvingon Blanc.

Drum roll please...




Tah-dah!



Yes, those are fresh flowers! The salad was divine with its crisp, green Romaine lettuce perfectly chilled and dusted with shaved Parmesan with a bite so smooth, I'd swear it was butter.

The salmon was perfectly cooked - crisp and golden brown on the outside, flaky and moist on the inside. Divinity. Seriously.

Hail to the Room Service Godesses!

1 comment: